10 Aug 2014

The Greek Islands

I must apologise for my recent lack of posts, but as most of you know I have been living it up in the Greek Islands for eight nights.


The Greek Islands are my favourite place in the world. I can't even begin to explain how much I love the scenery, the people, the food, and the lifestyle. I visited Mykonos three years ago and since then I have been longing to return.

We spent four nights in breathtaking Santorini, and another four soaking up the sun and the wonderful vibe of Mykonos... But of course no matter how long we stayed, it could never be enough.





Our time in the Greek Islands was characterised by swimming, sunbathing, reading and sleeping. In Santorini we spent a day sailing around the beaches and volcano, and in Mykonos we rode quad bikes around the island. We lived on coffees, fresh juices, Greek yoghurt, fresh fruit, Greek salad and moussaka. We spent hours browsing through the jewellery shops and boutiques. I watched the sunrise and the beautiful sunsets over the Aegean sea.





I couldn't think of a more perfect place to be for the halfway point of my holiday. The first two months have flown by, and in another two months I will be home again. Every morning when I wake up and look back on all of the experiences I have had over the last two months, I am incredibly happy to be here.


1 comment:

  1. I just found our blog and I'm really enjoying it! You captured some amazing photos and it looks like you're having a great time! Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete