30 Jun 2014

Why you Should Consider University Accommodation

I must admit I left looking for London accommodation to the last minute because I was a little too excited about all of the other places I am visiting! When it came to looking for somewhere, most accommodation was already booked or highly overpriced due to the tourist season.

Feeling exasperated, I discussed the problem with my sister and we eventually stumbled upon some vacancies at the University of London for a reasonable price. In addition, we stayed at the University of Kent during our time in Canterbury.

Here are some reasons you should consider staying at universities....

Pro...

You get your own room, complete with a single bed, study desk and chair, wardrobe, kettle, telephone and sink.


My room at University of London International Hall


My room at Rutherford College at Kent University

Con...

You will be using shared toilet and shower facilities. However, they were always clean and the showers were good quality!

Pro...

Breakfast is included.

Our breakfast at the University of London dining hall was amazing. Choices included muesli, yoghurt, fruit smoothies, three styles of eggs, bacon, sausages, hash browns, croissants, fruit, coffee, tea, juices... You get the idea! We would also take a banana and croissant to have later as a morning snack.

Con...

Breakfast times and quality will vary depending on the university.

Pro...

You will feel 'at home'

Unlike an impersonal hotel stay, having your own space and being able to roam around the university campus will make you feel at home during your stay. 


My 'I love Kent Uni' coffee cup (complimentary - along with hot chocolate, coffee, milk, and a few varieties of tea)


The outside view of Rutherford College


My window view overlooking the park at the University of London

Con... 

You may be a little out of town. In Canterbury, there was a regular bus taking students and visitors into town. We also walked into town as it was only a twenty minute walk. The University of London accommodation was right in Zone One, within walking distance to all attractions!

No comments:

Post a Comment